The Future of Codeless Automation TestingAshwani Kumar Tumu
Codeless automation testing is performing automation tests without having to write any code. It can be instrumental in executing continuous testing as most automation scripts fail due to the deficiency of proper coding standards. It will also enable us to concentrate more on test creation and analysis instead of fearing getting the code to work, possessing it, and scaling it when required. So, if we are relatively codeless in automation testing, we will find this blog helpful. By comparing it with Selenium testing, we will highlight the advantages of codeless automation testing. So, let us get started.
Why Is Codeless Automation Testing Different from Selenium Testing?
Selenium is a mechanism that significantly simplifies the automation testing approach. It even enables software testers to record their testing and play it back, using Selenium IDE to create total automation. However, there was no effortless option to edit the created test cases without having strong coding skills. So, if we were weak in coding, the only other option would be to rerecord the entire test. However, we can go beyond the record and playback technique with codeless automation testing. So, the scope of use is enlarged, making it possible to revise the test cases with basic HTML, CSS, and XPath knowledge. Owing to the tiniest benefit of coding, tests can be made easy for people who can efficiently understand testing knowledge. The setup process is so simple that we can set it up in no time.
Getting Started with Codeless Automation Testing:
LEAPWORK is a progressive cloud-based, codeless Selenium automation testing forum. It helps with the testing of numerous forms of apps, including SAP Testing Windows and Web. With LEAPWORK, we can facilitate our agile project team to speed up the development and implementation of the QA automated testing strategy.
The LEAPWORK Automation Platform allows users to design and manage test and process automation flows. The flows are created by connecting visual building blocks, each representing and performing one or more operations, like “Click element,” “Start application,” “Find Web Element,” etc.
- Ability to reuse automated flows across different test cases.
- Visualise flow builder through drag & drop structure blocks.
- Codeless abilities to shorten the knowledge curve for QA teams.
- Intelligent recorder for capturing test steps and running them automatically.
So, it is apparent that codeless solutions are much more potent in comparison. Nevertheless, one must remember that it will work efficiently only if they are utilized appropriately. It is always a good idea to get started with simple tests that can be validated easily. In some instances, if we are testing an e-commerce development, we may begin by noticing if we are adding a product to the cart. Once familiar, we can try the testing and the return/exchange processes. It would not be wise to use dynamic and unpredictable output codeless solutions as it becomes tough to challenge challenged Cloud Options.
We can either opt for regional codeless explanations or cloud-based explanations. As one of the best automation testing companies, we consistently choose cloud-based explanations as they deliver more advantages. The association is one of the main plus points, as it will enable seamless sharing of test data and scenarios. In addition to that, our services will improve with the help of the many virtual machines and mobile devices available online. Since our infrastructure becomes more robust, our overall process quality will also drastically improve.
The Future of Codeless Automation Testing:
Though complete codeless automation is not yet possible in the same way that all manual tests cannot be automated, it is the simple next step that testers must take. Redundant tests were substituted with automation using scripts, and nonredundant automation coding was replaced with codeless solutions that utilize machine learning and AI. However, as it always has been, manual and scripted automated testing will still play a significant role in software testing.
Readability of Automation Test Cases:
Heavily scripted automation test cases cause the same risk as code for non-technical team members and project managers. They are difficult to read and understand for business analysts and project managers. Having codeless automation frameworks makes it easier for business stakeholders to understand project or product coverage through test cases.
- Manual Test execution is slow: The main advantage of codeless automation is speedy automation testing. Test case creation, maintaining test cases, and implementing lengthy change requests and enhancements have become more accessible with codeless automation.
- Difficult to maintain test cases: Due to the code complexities, it is hard to maintain the test case documentation, especially for automated test cases. Hence, codeless automation is the solution to this problem as it does not have the complexities associated with complex scripting.
- Smoke and sanity test execution: We can record smoke and sanity test scenarios using a codeless automation tool and execute them whenever needed. It can help the QA team save time and resources in every build release.
Codeless Automation Testing Boundaries:
Despite its growing popularity, there are a few limitations to codeless testing:
- Limited Customization: Codeless automation tools can still not handle all scenarios and are not customizable as the framework governs automation scenarios. Therefore, recorded methods cannot be modified.
- Tools limitations: Codeless automation tools handle web/desktop/mobile applications and a maximum of the application functionalities, but some Iframes and features are difficult to control by any framework. As a result, it would require some coding knowledge to handle particular features.
- Overpriced tools: Even though codeless automation tools are easy to handle and maintain, not every organization can afford them.
Codeless Automation Testing could be the future of automation testing. It empowers companies to play out similar automation to traditional automation testing in less time with fewer assets. According to feedback, organizations are utilizing new devices and tools to reinforce quickly. Codeless automation keeps time on test case design, just as test case maintenance.
Though codeless automation testing has many pros, it still has cons; hence, it might not be entirely inclined to take over automation testing.
There is a definite need for an efficient Scriptless Test Automation tool that supports non-technical users and functional experts to automate using their expertise to ensure efficient, reliable, and quality automation. Many enterprises that had experienced disrupted processes during the pandemic were able to quickly recover by deploying clever no-scripting test automation solutions, saving them a significant amount of money.
With the increasing test automation expectations of speed, scale, agility, quality, intelligence, in-sprint, and resilience in the digital era, Cigniti’s self-healing, Low Code/No Code AI-powered Scriptless Test Automation platform can provide a superior customer experience and drive efficiencies, resulting in faster time to market and subsequently increased revenue.
Need help? Consult our scriptless test automation experts to learn more about iNSta and the future of codeless automation testing.